Monday, November 9, 2009

Introduction 11/09/09


There are four members in our group: Meghan Monahan, Jenny Hartjes, Malory Peterson, and Luke Johnson. This makes our girl to guy ratio 3:1. This book is about a woman who disguised herself as a man in order to experience life as the opposite sex. She hides behind a fake beard and flattens her chest with a constricting sports bra.

Meghan: I think it will be interesting to see how sex plays a big role in our daily lives. I obviously have had 18 years of experience as being a woman which is why I'm curious to see how the life for a day as a man would be . This book may be somewhat biased because the author is a woman and may take in things and interpret them differently than men would. I have taken a womans studies class in highschool which focused on the challenges women have faced throughout history, and after reading this book I will have more of an understanding of what challenges men also face.

Jenny: I have very strong beliefs that men are pigs with certain interests including: sports, sex, and work. I would like to find out while reading this book that my assumptions are not entirely true. Maybe there is more to men than I believe.

Malory: I was interested in this book because it takes a look at the difference gender makes on the way a person lives their life. I feel I have a good understanding of how a female acts, lives, and behaves considering I am a female myself. I feel however, that I do not have a good understanding of how a male lives and am hoping to gain that through my reading. Since I am a woman, it will affect how I'll read the book becauase there may be parts that surprise me that wouldn't surprise a man.

Luke: My main interest in reading this book was to see how women perceive men and also to get a perspective on how men interact with each other. Obviously, I know how men act, but it would be interesting to see how someone else views our interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment